The Finke Desert Race club hosts the highly successful Tatts Finke Desert Race which is continuing to attract increasing numbers of competitors and spectators each year. In order to improve the experience for competitors, crews, sponsors, media, officials and volunteers, there is an ongoing building and upgrading of facilities program. With the cancellation of this years event, we have a window to accelerate works ahead of next years event.
As a not for profit, the club intends to apply for funds through the Immediate Work Grants program and is seeking quotes from registered service providers for works at the Alice Springs start/finish line. Assuming the club is successful in its grant application, these works are expected to be undertaken between June and September 2020.
The club is requesting interested parties undertake a site visit on Saturday 18th April. Club members will be in attendance to guide people through the sites.
Quotes to be submitted by Sunday 26th April 2020.
Project 1 - Multipurpose building fit out.
- → This new building was constructed in 2019 and is currently a shell. For the fitout, the club is seeking individual quotes for these various elements
- → Supply and install Plasterboard walls and ceiling including insulation to all walls and ceiling. Acoustic plasterboard to two 3x3mtr offices.
- → Floor and wall tiling in kitchen, toilet, bathroom and bar area.
- → Plumbing works (internal and external).
- → Supply and install metal door jambs (both single and double), supply and hang both solid and hollow core doors and install door furniture.
Project 2 - New Shed
- → Supply and construct open sided shed
- → Approximate dimensions 10m x 20m (to suit approx.. 200 people), open on 3 sides.
- → Concrete floor
- → Stainless steel benches for the fixed end.
- → Power to be connected for lights, ceiling fans, fridges and general use.